Sunday, November 25, 2007

New York, New York...


Well, we are finally home from our week in New York - and what a week we had. Dusty, Jack and I went with American Fork Marching Band to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We had such a great time (other than we didn't get to see Wicked because of the strike - ugh!!). Jack had so much fun, I am so thankful we got the chance to take him. Next time we'll take Bree.
We saw the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and lots of other sites. We went on a dinner cruise around the harbor. Even though we didn't get to see Wicked, the travel agency planned a fun night for us instead. They made arrangements with some actors from different Broadway shows to come sing for us in the ballroom at our hotel. They made it like an American Idol - it was hilarious. We had a good time, and they had AMAZING voices.

Dusty's mom and dad were there as well, and Jack loved hanging out with them - he really does idolize them! Jack loves his Grandpa Miller's Band, and was very proud to be a part of all the festivities. We are so grateful to Dusty's dad for giving us the opportunity to go to New York!!

So, please forgive all my random pictures (I did take over 200). I couldn't choose which ones to post, so here are quite a few...











14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time. What a fantastic experience! Good for you Tiffany!

Michelle said...

Glad you're back! It looks like it was pretty cold there. 200 pictures, we've GOT to have a scrapbooking night. I'm glad you got that time with Jack. And I'm mostly the gladdest that you're done with color guard!!!!!!! (I mean, I know there's a little bit left, but what a relief.) Don't worry, we'll fill your time.

Elizabeth said...

How fun! I love NY. I would have been disappointed about Wicked too. I have been wanting to see that. Looks like you had a great time anyway!

Shannon said...

Sounds like fun, and looks cold! I love the last picture of the three of you!

7 Baldwin's said...

I'm jealous! What a fun time it looks like you all had!!!!

Anonymous said...

how awesome, Tiff! What a neat experience. I just love that city and can never get enough of it! I have been every year since I was 16. What a great adventure for jackson...I am sure the city seemed even "huger" than for us adults! I love the photos. You are so photogenic...never a bad pic of tif

Hannah Jones said...

What a blast!!! And congrats to your team for getting to go!!
I agree with Meg, I haven't seen a picture that you don't look good in!
You're fabulous!!

The Five that Jive said...

I'm totally jealous!! That sounds amazing! I bet it was so amazing for the band and colorguard. Congrats!! I love all of the pics...you have an adorable family!

Hannah Jones said...

Here's a description- and I still have the two available!

http://www.target.com/LeapFrog-Word-Whammer-Fridge-Phonics/dp/B0002SC7CE/sr=1-1/qid=1196192573/ref=sr_1_1/602-5060630-9002217?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aword%20whammer&page=1

miller family said...

thanks hannah!! i'll take one, if that's okay.

KarliSue said...

You guys look like you had such a good time. Karston wants to go to NYC because thats where spiderman lives. He was totally jealeous of Jackson.

erica e said...

i wish i knew you were going to be in the macy's parade! sounds like so much fun! glad you had a fun thanksgiving!
love, erica

Unknown said...

Tiff,
Congrats on all of the success with your color guard...they are going to miss you!! What a neat experience to go to New York with all of them and (most of) your family.
You are such a sweetheart! I am so glad I have gotten to know you!
p.s. You can totally add me to your blog list!

elshmobelsh said...

What a great time!!! You have so many fun pics! Thanks for sharing. And I agree, we are glad to have you back!