Sunday, November 4, 2007

End of a Season...

So, this weekend Dusty and I (and the kids) headed down for my last field show competition with my girls. For those of you who don't know, I work at American Fork High School as the color guard director. Well, we had a show in St. George, and two in Vegas this weekend. The girls did amazing. The band won every show, which is great. But, it was also very emotional for me because at the end of March, I will be "retiring" from that world!! (IT'S TIME TO BE A MOM - YEAH!!!) But, I have been at American Fork for 7 years now (and other schools before that), so I will miss it very much. I will miss the girls the most. I have grown to love all of them, and they are just great people to be around. I am so proud to have worked with such an amazing group.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

yay!!! I am so excited for you to get to quit. Don't worry, we'll fill your time with lots of things to do, (mostly free or cheap)so you won't miss it too much!!!

Karen said...

I want you to be happy but it is so hard to know that you will not be a part of the color guard next year. I am certain they will miss you. I have had 3 girls tell me they are so sad and wish you would change your mind. Just keep the creative juices a flowing. They may come in handy again. We are so proud of you and your many, many accomplishments.

Mom