Monday, February 4, 2008

President Monson

President Thomas S. Monson

How excited we were to watch the news conference today when they announced our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I have always loved President Monson - he is a lot like President Hinckley. So loving and full of life. I am excited to have such a wonderful example as the leader of our church. Bree watched it with me this morning, and has been going around the house saying "President Monson, President Monson." I'm so happy she understands what is happening and can get to know our new prophet.
Jack and Bree are still praying every night for President Hinckley. Last night, Jack prayed for him and said how thankful he was for him teaching us stuff. It was very cute! We also watched the funeral of President Hinckley yesterday (during the super bowl:) ). How touching it was. I think I cried through most of it! What an amazing man he was.
Anyways, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful prophet to help guide us in our lives. I am very thankful for the gospel. Like President Monson said today, things may change in our lives or in the world, but the doctrine always stays the same!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Tiff,

How right you are. President Monson will be a wonderful prophet. President Hinckley was very inspired to have him as a counselor. I'm sure he helped prepare him for his calling as a prophet.

Mom

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this post with all of us. What a momentous occasion that we were priviledged to witness today. I hope we will always remember this special day!

You are wonderful! Thanks for being such a great friend! Love ya!

Moreau's said...

I too know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. When we watched the news conference yesterday, the Spirit bore witness that this is the 16th President of out Church! I am so thankful for the Spirit. That it can teach us all things! Thanks for your post! And I love that last picture of President HInckley with his cane, and his counselors! So cute!

erica e said...

thanks for sharing your testimony of the prophets. this is really a neat thing to experience- the changing of the guard. we are so blessed to have prophets of God to lead our church! it was neat at the press conference to hear pres monson answer questions about what changes might be taking place or what he was going to do first as he 'took office'. nothing is going to change. the Lord in in charge and it isn't right for there to be drastic policy changes or gospel principles changing. isn't that great!?

Moreau's said...

Tiffany! I am so sorry that I did not say good-bye to you today at Karli's! I need to work on my manners! I get so wrapped up in one thing, that I forget the other! So I am so sorry! I will try to work on that! After all it is part of my new years resolution... to be more kind!!!
You are awesome!