Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"Oh My Stars..."

At Jack's parent teacher conference, Dusty and I (along with his teacher) came up with an idea of how to keep Jack more focused at school (he has a SMALL problem with this). So, his teacher now sends home a paper with stars on it. He gets a star for every time he stays on task. To reward him for this, we told him if he gets 4 or more stars he can play the Wii for 30 minutes that day.
Well, we got him a new game for Valentine's Day (Lego Star Wars), and ever since then he comes home with at least 5 stars. You can tell how much he loves this game. 30 minutes does not seem like enough time for him, but we stick to it. I mean, there is more important things to do than play games, huh:) . Try telling Jack that.
It's a good think he is so cute!!



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Jeff could give Jack some pointers. I gave this game to Jeff for Christmas, and he feels like a couple hours at a time is not enough. I think this is by far his favorite game. Apparently they're also coming out with a Lego Indiana Jones game

Unknown said...

Star Wars rules the playstation at our house! I am so glad that you have found what works great for Jack!
And I am glad he is doing so well in school, even if it is motivated by a video game! You take what you can get, right?!

He is so dang cute! Cole really loves playing with him!

Mike and Jackie said...

Tiffany,

It was so fun talking to you tonight. You're awesome!

Penguin said...

Jackie gives me stars too and then I can play the Wii. Thats what it is like being married to a teacher :)

Mary said...

Way to go Jack!