Monday, February 25, 2008

"Beginning of the End..."


That's the only way I can think to describe how I'm feeling right now - "The beginning of the end". I have been teaching color guard at AF for 7 years now. But, I also have been doing color guard for 16 years (I know, I'm getting old). And, in April I'll be done.
Saturday night was our first competition for winter guard. We went to the American Leadership Academy in Spanish Fork. I have picked an extremely DIFFICULT show for my girls to perform. The title of our show is "Ghosts of the Holocaust". It is an amazing show, but I didn't know how my girls were going to do for the first show. It is such an emotional show to pull off, and we still have so far to go!
Well, they did pull it off and the won their first show. I was so proud of them. Every time I watch them perform, I get the chills. I am going to miss them so much. I have taught some of them for 5 years!
But, I am so thankful to have had the chance to do what I do. I will always cherish the experience and memories:)

7 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

What an awesome experience...you're such a cool mom!! I wish I could still dance...you must be in such good shape. Congrats on the win!
Lindsey J

Mary said...

Cute picture! Congrats on the win.

Karen said...

Just remember that the girls love you and will miss you. Always keep your options open. Don't let your talent go to waste - you have such a gift not only to create but to change girls lives. That is your true gift. I was also very proud of the girls. They did so well.

You truely are amazing.

Love Mom

Unknown said...

You are so great!! You have done such a good job with your girls and they will love you forever.

You will have to come up with other ways to share your talent when you do retire...and maybe I could be your assistant! LOL:)

Aubs said...

Way to go AF Color Gaurd! You look like one of the girls I would have had a hard time picking you out if you didn't have on something different.
I hope you are feeling better.

Millie Killpack said...

What a wonderful gift you have! And I admire your passion and dedication. I'd love to see the show.

Hannah Jones said...

You look like one of the girls! I wish I could have seen the show! It's wonderful to have something to be so passionate about- you've inspired me to find something I love and do my best to excel!