Friday, September 4, 2009

Dad Update

Well, I have started that blog for my dad - but right now, I just want to vent. So, I thought I could do that on my blog :). I am BEYOND frustrated today - and, I don't know how to help anymore. This afternoon at the hospital, the social worker came in and told me and my mom that we had to move my dad by tomorrow because her insurance won't pay for the hospital anymore. So, she helped us look into nursing homes. At first, she called the one in AF and they told her they had a room - so me and my mom were relieved to know he'd be that close. Well, they called back and said nevermind! They won't take my dad in his condition - I guess he will take too much of their time! So, the social worker then called my mom later and said that no nursing homes in Utah County will take my dad. So we have to put him in a home in Salt Lake. I am SO mad right now! I don't understand why one bad thing after another keeps happening to our family. Well, to top it off, my mom's insurance called her a few hours ago to tell her that they will only pay for 5 days in the nursing home - WHAT??? My dad doesn't qualify for rehabilitation, so they won't pay for anything other than that. My mom is just beside herself! And, I don't know what to do to help her right now. I guess I'm struggling to understand why God has decided to throw this at us. I know it's not his fault - and, please forgive me for talking this way - but, hasn't my dad been through enough in his lifetime? And my mom? People keep saying that God has a plan and that we are meant to learn from our trials, but I am sick of it!!! What are we supposed to do and what are we supposed to learn? I am having a hard time keeping the faith right now...

3 comments:

justjoni said...

Hey Tiffany-
It's OK to be really angry. Know that it's a normal reaction, and that it can be a big test to your faith. Try not to feel guilty about that, you have enough other things going on. I am glad that you and your mom have eachother and can walk one another through the trial. I am so sorry to hear about what is happening with your dad. But you fight and do whatever you need to in order to get him the best care. It will help you feel useful and empowered in a situation that is otherwise difficult. Start with the insurance company. You have rights. Hang in there girl. Joni

J♥M said...

Oh Tiff~
I'd be angry too! I hate all the red tape with insurance companies! I hate all their conditions! I don't understand trials either. There are times in life that just down right stink! I sure hope that something can be done. My prayer is that answers will come, you'll be led to those that can help, and that God will surround you and your family with all the love in the world! Just want you to know I love you! That's not gonna fix this, but I just want you to know! I'm here if you need me!

Pattie said...

I am so glad you have somewhere that you can vent your anger. I hope that you have received some answers now. There should be a social worker at the hospital or the care facility that can help you with some of the insurance/financial questions. I would expect that after private insurance stops paying, your dad may be eligible for medicaid.

Let me know if you need anything....even if it's just someone to take a long walk with.