Thursday, December 25, 2008

Surprise Christmas Present

We were all surprised to welcome Myles John Miller into the world on December 23rd! I guess he was ready to come. My doctor was going to induce me on the 31st, so we still figured we had a good week left. But, Myles was born on Tuesday weighing 6 lbs 4 oz and 18.5 inches long. He was born at 8:52pm.
It was a pretty stressful day for us. Dusty and I went to my last scheduled doctors appointment at 1:30 that afternoon. Everything was good, but when the doctor listened to the baby's heart rate, he didn't like what he heard. He told us it was just a little low and asked if we had time to go to the hospital for a non-stress test. Well, of course we did! I was a little nervous because during Jack's delivery, his heart rate dropped so low that they had to get him out fast. So this was weighing in the back of my mind. Anyways, we got the hospital and went to labor and delivery for the test. The nurse hooked me up and we started listening to the baby. After a good 20 minutes, everything looked fine. His heart rate was a little under 120, which is okay (they like babies to be between 120 and 150). But, she wasn't worried. She did give the baby a little shock to wake him up though. Then about 5 minutes later, his heart rate dropped to 60 and she told us we would probably be having a baby that day because the doctor most likely wouldn't be letting me go home.
Well, that did it and I began having a little break down. I was so scared something was wrong. The doctor did want me admitted immediately and the nurse said I might have to have a C-Section. At this point I couldn't believe what was happening. We still had 7 days left... What was going on?
Well, they got me in a room and all ready and hooked up. They baby was doing pretty good at that point, so they started me with potusum (a very small amount in case I needed the c-section). Well, everything turned out just fine. The baby didn't have any more problems. His heart rate did drop a little, but nothing too drastic! So, after 5 hours he came. It was a really smooth delivery, which I am very thankful for. I am so happy to have him here!! Even if we weren't all ready for him:)
My mom and mother-in-law have been such a help to us. The both went running around the next day to get us everything we need for the baby. Pam even got the baby christmas presents so he could be part of the festivities! We are very thankful to them for helping our kids have a great Christmas!
We had a hard time picking a name for the little guy - he wasn't officially named until about 20 hours after he was born. We had names up on the white board at the hospital (Asher, Jonathan, Maddix, Nicolas, Gavin, Myles, Leo), but we have always leaned more towards Myles. Well, I kindof dragged my feet forever - I think I wanted to make sure it was the right name for him. And, it is!! It fits him so well and I love the name.
We were able to go home Christmas Eve night so we could be with our kids - another blessing. We had an amazing Christmas morning (I will post pictures later) and I am just so blessed to have an amazing family and a beautiful new baby boy. He is adorable and I couldn't be happier.

Baby Myles

Myles' Amazing Grandma's

Proud Grandpa's

The doctor (not our doctor, but she was great)

Big Brother Jack, Grandpa & Myles

Uncle Luke, Ryker, Myles and Aunt Mal

Aunt Kami

Bree (she LOVES to hold Myles)

This is Jordyn and Lindsay. They watched Jack & Bree while we were at the hospital and the came to see the baby. Thanks for all your help!!!

13 comments:

Shelley said...

I am so glad you finally chose a name! I knew Myles would fit him perfectly! Congrats again and PLEASE let me know if you need ANYTHING!

kamikae said...

Congratulations! He is so cute, I can't wait to hold him again. What a wonderful Christmas gift. Let me know if you need any help k. I can't believe you made a salad for dinner this morning. It was yummy but you should still be in the hospital.

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you!! Glad things went well. I can't wait to meet him! Let me know what I can do to help.

J♥M said...

What a very Merry Christmas at your house! He's beautiful and perfect in every way! So glad things went well. Congrats!!!!! I can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you have posted this already!! You are on the ball!! Congratulations! Welcome baby Myles! He is so cute!

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, I am sure it will be a very memorable one!

I will call you later to check up.

Mallory Miller said...

I'm with Kami, I can't believe you made a salad. It's so like you though always thinking of everyone else. I missed you in all the ciaos. Congratulations! You're a great mom!!! See you later!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! He's so cute... but then so are your other kids so that's what we expected! Glad to know he's here.

Just Kristina... said...

Thanks for the surprise text about your delivery (totally unexpected) and for letting me come to the hospital to maul the new little guy. He was so sweet! I couldn't believe that no matter what I did to Myles, I couldn't get him to cry. What a BEAUTIFUL baby!! He is so lucky to have you and Dusty as parents, not to mention having Gary and Karen as the "Grandparents of the Year" that they are. Congrats again! Love you!!

P.S. You looked REALLY good after the delivery!

Aubs said...

Congrats! I'm glad that everthing went well. Can't wait to meet Myles. You look great! Good luck with a new baby. I hope he is an angel for you.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats! He's just perfect! Myles is a great name. By the way, I think that is my doctor in the picture. Dr. Smith right? I really like her. Anyway, hope you are recovering well.

Meghan said...

Congrats Tiffany! Glad everything turned out great. Myles is a cute name! (Of course I also love Gavin and Maddex...) Have fun with your new little one.

Karen said...

What a blessing to have a new grandchild. I absolutely love him and so grateful that you would let me be in the room to witness again the birth of a baby. Myles is a joy and a jewel. He is such a good baby and we will love spoiling him as well.

Nicole said...

Wow!!! What an adventure!!! He's so beautiful tiffany!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything turned out well.