Monday, August 4, 2008

Shakespearean Festival

Dusty and I took the kids to Cedar City this weekend. We all had a lot of fun. On Friday afternoon, Dusty and I went and saw "The Taming of the Shrew" at the Utah Shakespearean Festival while the kids went to the festival's daycare. The play was amazing and the kids had so much fun. In fact, that is all we heard about the rest of the night - they wanted to go back!
On Saturday, we went to St. George and did a little school shopping for Jack. Then we took the kids to the Discovery Park in Cedar City. It is a really neat park and the kids had a ton of fun. We went back to the hotel and Dusty took the kids swimming (while I took a nap... :) ). The kids LOVE swimming more than anything. We did have a little scare with Jack trying to swim in the deep end! He is a good little swimmer, but still needs to learn a little more!
That night, we went to see "Othello" - definitely NOT my favorite. It was good, but I didn't think the acting was as good as the day before! But, we still liked it and the kids loved going to the daycare again. The play didn't end until after 11 p.m., so by the time we got to the kids they were exhausted (Bree was sound asleep)!
And then we headed home on Sunday. We had a great time together as a family and I'm thankful that my family indulges me in my love of the theater!! Thank You:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW lots of fun!!! Hope you are all doing great!

Shannon said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!! Have you been to the discovery park in PG?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

kamikae said...

That does sound like a fun vacation. We should still have a girls weekend there. School Shopping, what's that?? I haven't even started. I can't believe it. When do you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? I can't get over Bree "sharing" by "letting" Jack have a brother. I guess you'll see, maybe Bree will be right. She is adorable.

J♥M said...

Fun! Fun!
One of these days I'll have to go tho the festival!
Fun places to shop down south!