Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All Star Game!


For those of you who don't know me very well, I LOVE baseball. It has been a love of mine since I was little. Since my dad didn't have any boys, I was raised loving baseball and loving the Atlanta Braves. Last night Dusty and I watched the 2008 All Star Game and what a game it was! It went for 15 innings and to our dismay, the AL won! (we were shooting for the NL.)

game winning run

It was a great game - watching the best in baseball play each other. And, my beloved Chipper Jones got a hit in the second inning (one of only two players who got a hit in the first two innings). I told Bree to say "Go Chipper" and she said "Go Chipper Jones". Dusty was not impressed that she knew who he was but I was a very proud mother!

Chipper Jones

During the pre-game activities, they introduced 40 hall of famers, many that I grew up watching like Tony Gwynn, Ozzie Smith, Wade Boggs and Ryne "Ryno" Sandberg- and also hall of famers that my dad grew up watching like Yogi Berra, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron. It was so neat to watch!

Yogi Berra

Hank Aaron (played for the Braves!)

And, just a side note... this guy is amazing!! The night before the All Star Game was the Home Run Derby (which Dusty and I also watched!). Josh Hamilton hit 28 homers in the first round - AMAZING! He didn't end up winning which we were sad about, but it was so fun to watch!

Josh Hamilton

3 comments:

kamikae said...

That is really cute that Bree knew his last name. I bet Dusty was secretly impressed. :)

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you were watching! I almost called you because we had it on too.

I decided to be a nice wife and let Justin watch the Wednesday game while I mowed the lawn!
Josh Hamilton WAS awesome in the home run derby!

I was so glad that they had it all in New York since the stadium is coming down in a few months!
Cole almost cried when they started talking about it! (And Dusty thinks you have brainwashed Bree...it happens at our house too!!)

Karen said...

You make your dad proud. I love baseball especially when I can see it live. Dad keeps saying he needs to talk to Dusty so he and Jack can go to a game with him. I remind him that he is talking to the wrong person. It is his daughter that loves baseball. So many people ask about our license plate and I am always happy to tell them it was yours and why we have Chipper. They are amazed. I tell them you know more about baseball than most boys do.

Mom