Friday, March 28, 2008

Reflection?

So, for some reason this year has been extremely difficult for me - and we are only in March! I am not sure why, but it has definitely been a struggle. I think that some things have changed for me, and I really don't do well with change! It is so easy to get down on yourself when you don't like the way things are going - and I definitely fall in that category.

But, I just need to change. I need to be more positive with myself and my surroundings. I have such a wonderful family and great friends that continue to uplift me and move me in the right direction.

There are just so many aspects of my life that I feel need to be worked on! But, first and most importantly, I need to bring my family closer to Christ. It is so easy to get discouraged about not doing everything you feel you need to as far as scripture reading, prayers, FHE, etc. But, even if we focus on one thing at a time, I believe the rest will fall into place.

I know this is such a random post - but, I want to document for myself my need for a change in my life. I think a good word to describe what I need right now is SIMPLICITY!


I love that word! In fact, I devoted an entire winter guard show to that word - simplicity. We take so much for granted, and try to do so much at once, we just need to live life to the fullest and be happy.

Anyways, if any of you are feeling like me - let's just believe that there is hope:) Hope to be happy, healthy, etc.

Sorry for the randomness. Have a great day:)


"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." Confucius

9 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

Great minds think alike! In January, I chose one word that I wanted to use to better myelf and my life for the year. The word I chose was "simplify" and I bought a cute sign and trendy black block letters at Rodworks in Lehi and put them in my house on new years day where I see them multiple times a day.

I came to the realization that I needed to mentally AND physically simplify my life and surroundings. There have been times over the past few months that I can't make a decision. It's usually whether to keep something or throw it away, or if I want to start a certain project or not. I'll stare at my word "simplify" on the wall and realize that I may not need to keep something (It'll just junk the place up), or may not have the energy to begin one more project and actually follow through (which leands to guilt). I have enough going on.

I also put a "simplify" sign in my classroom. Many times it has prompted me to remember just how YOUNG my first graders are and that they need to be taught by "small and SIMPLE things". And, my classroom is a happier place if I simplify my "clutter" too.

I agree with you--we can only tackle so much at a time. Why overload ourselves and feel inadequate or not capable? I'm with you...SIMPLIFY!

Shelley said...

Tiff! Did you read my post on my blog?? Wow, we all must be feeling this way lately!! I have felt lately that I need a change too. Please call me if you need anything! SERIOUSLY!

The Five that Jive said...

I have vinyl lettering of the word "Simplify" by my phone. It's definately a great thing to strive for. I hope that you can find happiness soon...you're so beautiful and have such a cute family...let me know how I can help you!!
Lindsey J

Anonymous said...

I just love you to pieces Tiff! I think you are such a remarkable person. Great post, we should all think about ways to simplify and focus on one thing at a time so we don't overwhelm ourselves. Again, you are fabulous!

Karen said...

Tiff,

"Simplify" is one of the great words but difficult to do. I know you are capable of doing many things well but sometimes it is as a detriment to yourself. I hope things will calm down for you so you can relax with your family and do the creative things you love to do.

As always - you are amazing and I love you.

Mom

Millie Killpack said...

I hear what you are saying. But how boring if we were perfect. Then what. To-do lists are great. As long as they focus on what we really should be doing. and you are a great example of filling your life with rewarding and good things.

Unknown said...

Simplify! I love it!! I need that word on a huge sign in my house! I would love to make things in my life a little simpler too.

Tiff, you are such a great friend! I love you tons! Thank you for being such a good example to me. You have no idea how much I apreciate you!

Love, Kim

erica e said...

i loved elder ballard's talk about enjoying motherhood by just looking for the joyful moments in life. its so easy to get caught up in all the stress and unimportant stuff. i liked your thoughts on simplifing and concentrating on the important stuff.
thanks for your example.

J♥M said...

Cute blog! I'm enjoying reading about you and your cute family! You really have a lot of fun together!
Thanks for the reminder to SIMPLIFY! Great words of wisdom! Please send me your email address to dalton.jeanmarie@gmail.com if you're interested in mine.