Monday, April 7, 2008

End of a Season

Well, it's finally over - I am officially done teaching at American Fork High School. And, it doesn't feel as good as I thought it would. I have really struggled the past few months knowing that it would be ending and I would have to turn my girls over to someone else. They are such amazing girls and I have cherished working with them the past 7 years.

This year has been extremely difficult, and extremely rewarding. The past month has been great and my girls have been wonderful. They are such great kids and I am so proud of them. They have been calling me their mom forever now, and I really feel like I am. It has been an amazing experience for me and I am so thankful that I had the chance to do this.

For winter guard, my girls have been undefeted for the past 3 years. It has been amazing.

So, I am posting what I have been doing for the past 7 years. If your bored, take a look:) The first one is field show (with the marching band), and the second is of winter guard. Our winter guard show was entitled "Ghosts of the Holocaust". It was a pretty emotional show, but amazing. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know it's not too exciting, but I wanted to post this part of my life so I'll remember it...





10 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

You're AMAZING! You will feel differently about your decision as time moves on. I felt the same way right after I left Lone Peak. Color guard was such a HUGE part of my life. But I had to remember it is what I did not who I was. Other things simply become more important. Plus, you have a lot of things to still look forward to...like the Independent idea?? I'm anxious to see what you do with that!

Elizabeth said...

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be when I quit teaching as well. I didn't like the idea of someone else taking my place or having my classroom. It will get better, I promise!

Shannon said...

Hooray for more time with family!

Karen said...

Tiff,

After watching the show again, I am amazed at what you put on the floor this year. Those who see this will never get the full impact and the difficulty of what the girls were doing. The girls came running off in tears knowing that they did their best for you. You have had such an incredible impact on them for many years. All will come back 10 fold. I hope you keep your creativity flowing. There are many other girls lives you will touch either through color guard or just by YOU.

I am so very proud of you.

Mom

Aubs said...

That was truely amazing to watch! Very well done. Great coregraphy (sp? I'm such a bad speller)
Having had many of my friends in high school in color gaurd I know to some extent how hard it is and the beauty of seeing all the flags/rifles in unison and a perfect catch.
As with anytyhing you do for a long time it is hard to stop. You feel all sorts of different emotions. It is very normal. Things will get better. You will find new and better things for you and your family to fill your time.
I think you are wonderful! Hang in there!

Hannah Jones said...

I'll just say that my HS Color Guard wasn't even CLOSE to being that good!
You did amazing work!
Congrats on all your hard work and congrats on being able to spend more time with your family!!
Love you Tiff!
~H

Lynette Callister said...

Hi Tiffany.
I have been waving to you at the bus stop in the mornings, so HI!
Welcome to the bus stop, not that you are new to the bus, but it's always nice to get a welcome, I think.
Your kids are very cute, I love their dark hair.
Hope to get to know you better.
Lynette Callister

Moreau's said...

Soooo beautiful! You are so talented! I hope that with some of your free time you will come and take dance with us! Andrea (the dance teacher) is looking for extra teachers. One day a week for a couple of hours. You are amazing!

ashlee sheppard said...

I didnt know that you were not teaching any more. I am sorry if you are having a hard time. It will be great to have you around more.

elshmobelsh said...

Tiff,

You are such a talented choreographer! The mood and expression of the dance is so well portrayed. What a life change you have ahead of you, but you will love it! Even just freeing up time by moving out here has opened up so many new opportunities to me for mothering and I love it so much! I'm sure you touched those girls life and made "a change for the better."
Love ya!
elsh