Thursday, May 22, 2008

And the Winner is...

First of all, last night was such a difficult night for me. Dusty has been out of town since Sunday, and things have been a bit crazy. Last night I was supposed to go the AF Band Banquet, but I chose not to. My heart has broken this past week by people I didn't think possible, so I decided to stay home. It was a hard decision since this would be my last banquet, but I felt I had to do it. And though I know I need to forgive and forget, that is easier said than done. I am just a very trusting, emotional person. So I take things very personal. I know that I must move on and make things right because this is effecting my entire family. And I also know that maybe I should have done things differently or maybe not put my heart out there to get hurt. But, things are done now and we must move on. I am sure this is another learning experience for me!

On a much happier note, I am SO glad I stayed home to watch American Idol. Dusty and I started watching American Idol on season 3 (and of course I am much more into it than he is). This year I have really gotten into it - more than ever. I thought that most of the singers were very good, but of course my favorite was David Cook. I just thought he was unique and had a very personal style.
Well, I didn't think he would win because David Archuleta was also very good and had a lot of fans. So, when the announced his name at the end I was so surprised - but SO happy for him.
So, I know I am a complete dork - but I guess we all have those guilty pleasures, huh! This just happens to be mine:) And, even after having a bad day, it made me smile at the end... Hurray!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I know how happy you were that David Cook won; however, David Archeletta is still my favorite. I sorry you have had such a hard time. Sometimes people just don't understand there words and lack of support can be devestating. I'm glad you are moving forward and putting together am independent guard. I think you will enjoy that very much.

Love Mom

Hannah Jones said...

I love you Tiff. You are wonderful!