Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and Such

Well, we had a very wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We spent Thanksgiving day with my mom and sister and her family. Jack was supposed to go with Steve, but he let us keep him for the dinner which I was so thankful for! We had a great time - but, certainly missed Dad! Everyone says that the first year is the hardest, but I think it will be hard no matter how many years it has been!

My sisters kids stayed with my mom from Thursday to Saturday. The slept at our house on Thursday night because my mom had to work on Friday. We took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and then Dusty and I took the older kids to Harry Potter 7 that night. My mom also took all the kids to Megamind earlier in the day - so, Duncen and Myken were movied-out by the end of the night!

Saturday we took the kids to Pirate Island - we missed Jack though! Then my mom took them home. I think they were pretty spoiled while they were with her, but that's what Grandma's do I guess. We also got a new car that night - it's really for Dusty but I really like it too.

Sunday we got Jack back and had fun making homemade donuts (thanks to my friend Jean-Marie). They were FANTASTIC. We actually dipped them in cinnamon-sugar. Yummy!

So, we had a great holiday. I'm just sad it's over! This weekend Dusty and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary in Park City - Christmas shopping, here we come!

3 comments:

J♥M said...

I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I think you're right about always missing your dad. I'm glad you had a great donut making adventure! The kids think it's so fun! Yay for Grandma's! And a new car that you love! I hope you two have a blast celebrating your anniversary!!! Have a great week! Love ya!

Nicole said...

What a fun weekend! And Happy Anniversary!!

Karen said...

Looking forward to the kiddies this weekend. So happy that both of you found each other. Just be good to one another and have a great time together. Life is way to short for the small stuff.

Love, Mom