Monday, January 28, 2008

Sadness at our house...

President Gordon B. Hinckley
Dusty and I watched the news last night as they paid tribute to our wonderful prophet, President Hinckley. When we heard the news of his passing, we told the kids. We explained that President Hinckley is in Heaven now with Heavenly Father and Jesus. I wish I could see him meet his sweet wife. How amazing that reunion must be:)

As we looked at a few of our friends blogs this morning, Bree kept saying she wanted to look at the pictures of President Hinckley - so I told her we'd add it to our blog so she can look at it anytime she wants. She really loves him, even though she doesn't quite understand what's happening. And, Jack just wants to see him and Jesus. But, we are so thankful that our children knew of our amazing prophet.
I am so thankful for his wonderful example in my life. He was so happy and full of life. I just loved that about him. And, all the jokes he made during his conference talks - I loved his sense of humor. How blessed we are to have had the opportunity to learn from him. We will miss him and his sweet spirit.

I imagine he's running to Marjorie now, Yes running, not waving his cane.

I seem him embracing his father and mother, while they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forbearers, Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.

Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service, That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior, While Father says, "Good and well done.

So faithful and stalwart endurance, I welcome My noble, most excellent son."

I then hear the ripples of laughter, As he says the reception's just fine.

But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two, Since there's no need to waste any time.

I can hear his clear voice in the stillness, At the close of this sweet Sabbath day.

Have faith and move forward, there's work to be done! President Hinckley would want it that way.

-Anna M. Molgard

January 27, 2008

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great blog! Thank you for the tribute to our wonderful prophet! He has made an unforgettable impression on all of us. I think Pres. Hinckley will always be remembered by the little children of the church. They just love him!

Just Kristina... said...

Wow Tiff! Thank you so much for thinking about posting a blog about Pres. Hinckley. What a GREAT man! He is loved! I love the pictures you posted!

Karen said...

Tiff,

What a great tribute to our beloved prophet. He truely was the kindest man. When President Hinckley was called to serve a a general authority, Uncle Laite was called to replace him as Stake President. They were friends for years. He always spoke so highly of President Hinckley. I remember Presdent Hinckley had cherry trees and when I stayed at Uncle Laite's home, he would take us down to pick cherries. They were delicous. Wonderful memories. Thank you for teaching Jack and Bree about prophets and the gospel. They will grow up with a strong testimony.

Mom

Hannah Jones said...

I love the last picture you have of him kissing Sister Hinckley! That's SO cute!
I love the new look of your page. It looks really good!
Let's get together again soon!
~Hannah

Christy said...

That picture of President Hinckley kissing his wife is darling! I love it. You are so great, and we miss you. Call or email me sometime.