Friday, December 7, 2012

Disneyland/Anniversary Trip

I know what you are thinking - she sure goes to Disneyland  a lot. And I say to that, "Why yes I do!". I may have a slightly unhealthy addiction to Disneyland. It's my happy place. If I could live there, I certainly would!
Well, last year Dusty and I had a competition going between the two of us. The winner got to choose a vacation. And of course, I won! So Disneyland it was.

We left on Tuesday the 27th of November. We were gone a whole week, so we were able to call it an Anniversary Trip (our 9th anniversary was on the 4th of December).

This is our first day in Disneyland. As you can see, I had to ride the tea cups by myself! Dusty can't ride anything that spins in circles. I was a little embarrassed.







Here is Thursday. Spent most of the day in California Adventures. It was a little rainy and gloomy, but it didn't ruin my happiness... We also had a lot of fun finding hidden Mickey's.









Friday was the worse day for the rain. We decided to go to the AMC Theaters at the end of Downtown Disney and go to a movie. While walking there, it downpoured - so we stopped and bought an umbrella. We went and saw Lincoln. Very good, long, movie.


Since we didn't rent a car (our hotel was across the street from Disneyland), we didn't have many options after the movie. So of course I talked Dusty into going to Disneyland, again. We went over to Cars Land at night. It is so amazing with all the lights!


And, again on Saturday, can't think of things to do other then Disneyland (with no car). We were expecting it to rain more, but it stopped in the afternoon. We decided on another movie, but after an hour or so of sitting through it (it was horrible), we left and headed back to Disneyland. We took the monorail over. But it was way too crowded so we decided to just go back to the hotel and hang out. Oh, and the movie was Killing them Softly. I don't suggest seeing it.


Sunday was Dusty's day - so of course NO DISNEY! We walked a few blocks and rented a car. We decided to go to Santa Monica Pier. When we got there, it started raining - ugh! But we still got out and walked along the pier - with our new umbrella, of course. We didn't stay too long because it was cold and wet. Then we took a drive along the coast. 
We then decided to find a restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We always talk about going so we wanted to try one out. We found Mama Cozza's - which wasn't far from Anaheim. So we went. It was pretty good. Dusty tried one of the meals that Guy ate on the show, and I just had spaghetti with their Mama Sauce. Delicious.   






Monday & Tuesday were are last days in Disneyland. On Monday, we went later in the afternoon. We spent the day in California Adventures going on our favorite rides over and over. Then we headed over to Disneyland that night. We wanted to watch the fireworks. They were pretty amazing. Tuesday was the day we left so we packed up and went over in the morning. I was pretty sad about leaving, but I had the best time with my amazing husband!













When we got to the SLC Airport, we received an awesome welcome back!
Missed these guys.



Well, we had a great trip. I love Dusty so much. He sure knows how to take care of me. Glad we made it 9 years - here's to 99 more... :)

No comments: