Monday, October 4, 2010

I Hate October

So, I really do love fall - but that's about the only thing I like about October. Over the past few years, it has turned into a month of sad memories for me. As my dad's birthday is approaching, things just get stirred up and I just feel, well sad!
Last year on the 10th was the bus accident - I'm sure that will be a day I will never forget. And, on the 22nd, my dad would have turned 69. Each day that passes, I wish I could have him back to talk to him and ask his advice. I just miss him so much.

On the other hand, I have a lot of things to be thankful for in the month of October. My brother-in-law and nephew both have a birthday in October, my mother-in-laws birthday is on the 9th, my grandpa's is on the 6th (my dad's dad) - and I'm very thankful that he is still here with us. And, my mom's birthday is excatly one week before Dad's. So hopefully all the celebrations can help with the saddness...
Here are three of my favorite pictures of my dad - I just love the one of him when he was little.

5 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

I love you, Tiff! That's about all I can say. I'm sorry that you have so much coming up in this month that represents sadness for you. Not that you want to hear this but birthdays are great, even for people who have passed. Had they not been born, we wouldn't even have them to remember. I think you should do something memorable on that day to start a tradition of something more than a birthday. I know it sounds dumb but I can't explain what I'm thinking, I guess. You're amazing!! October will pass and November will come. I'm always just a phone call away!!

Nicole said...

Sorry this is such a hard month :( I love the pictures..... you're a knockout, Tiffany! :)

Heather said...

I know how you feel. The first of everything is really hard. The first birthday, christmas other special occasions are not the same without them. I still think that I can call up my Dad for things and then when I realize I can't It is still really hard. Just know that it does get easier with time but you still miss them like crazy.

Karen said...

So glad you posted the pictures. They brought back memories of you and dad. He still had that great smile from when he was young. Yes, Kristina, we are going to start a tradition. I'm looking forward to it. Love you Tiffany.

Mom

J♥M said...

Hugs! Hugs! And more hugs! I pray that you'll feel more comfort! I can't even imagine your heartache.