Thursday, December 3, 2009

Quick Update

So, Myles will be turning 1 on the 23rd - can you believe it, cause I can't! He is getting so big. He has really been trying to walk the past 2 weeks. He took 6 steps for me the other night. I was picking him up from the babysitter and I made him walk to me at the door - you could tell he didn't want me to leave. It was very cute. He has also been sick the past week. I got him into the doctor yesterday and he gave me some medication. I just LOVE the kids' doctor. I was in and out in 15 minutes - great!
Bree is doing great too. She is loving her preschool class - I think she is very smart, but I am only her mother. She is such a mini-me it's scary! I see so much of myself in her when I was her age - I feel bad for my mother! She is excited for Christmas. She wrote her ONE Christmas card last night to a boy in her class named Brooks - I wonder if she has a crush...
Jack is still adjusting to life here in the new place. I worry about him a lot and just want him to be happy. Last week he started playing with one of the neighbor boys, and I was so happy! Finally he is starting to make some friends. He still struggles at school but I think he's getting better. I think a lot of it has to do with whether or not he is in the mood to learn. Sometimes he gets 100% on his spelling tests, and sometimes he gets 2 right... I think he just wasn't in the mood to take that test :).
Dusty and I are doing well too, I guess. I braved the lines and went shopping on black Friday with my best friend. We didn't go all crazy - in fact, we didn't leave until 6am. But, we had fun just going and spending time together. I think we should make this an annual event - what do you think Kristina??
I have also taken the week off work - and boy did I need it! I do have to go to rehearsal tomorrow night, but it's been worth it to have a small break.
Hope you all are doing well.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing well! and i seriously CAN'T believe Myles is that big. that first year went way to fast....

Just Kristina... said...

It's totally going to be our new tradition!! I'll make sure to get more than an hour of sleep before we leave next time. I was EXHAUSTED but I think we got some pretty good deals. I'll put it on my calendar for sure!!

J♥M said...

I'm glad you're doing well! You are brave to Black Friday shop! I'm proud of you for taking a week off! Sometimes it's just what we need!