Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Friend Heather

Heather Christensen: Beloved Band Leader Killed in Bus Accident (10/10/2009)
Heather Christensen, 33, was killed in a bus accident Saturday evening as she attempted to regain control of the bus carrying 46 students on their way home from a band competition in Idaho. Heather was sitting in the front of one of four busses on their way home from Idaho when she noticed the bus driver losing consciousness. The bus was going off the side of the road when Heather jumped up to try to control the bus from crashing. The bus tipped on its side and Heather was thrown from the bus and tragically killed. Her efforts quite possibly saved the lives of dozens of students who could have suffered greater injuries if she had not intervened. Her heroic actions are consistent with the kind of person that she was: dedicated to her students!

4 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Tiffany,
I heard about the bus over the weekend and was so worried for you. I wasn't sure if you travel with the band or not. I remember Heather from school. She was always so nice. I just can't believe it. I am so sorry for you and those close to her. Please let me know if there is anything you need.

Love,
Nicole

Unknown said...

Tiffany,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you are doing okay! Your family definitely has a lot to deal with right now. Please know that the Lord loves you and is always there (and so are your friends!).

Love ya!

J♥M said...

Tiff~
I also wondered if you were with this bus! I am so sorry! Oh the sadness! I can't even imagine! I pray that Heavenly Father will wrap his arms around you and bring you peace and heal your broken heart with all the struggles you've been facing! Know that I love you!

Karen said...

Heather was one of Tiffany's friends who stuck by her when she was so very ill. I will always remember her bringing Tiffany a picture of Audrey Hepburn and telling Tiffany that she reminded her of Audrey. Tiffany loves her movies.

Heather was one who always tried to cheer Tiffany when she decided to leave American Fork a year ago. It was a difficult time and I will always love and appreciate Heather's sensitivity. As the timing and penalty judge for the Winter Guard circuit, I was so impressed of how Heather handled her job and was so willing to help me when I got overwhelmed.

I will certainly miss her smile and her attitude. She will missed by so many others.

Mom